Last Updated: August 31, 2021
This Site is operated by Outsider Media Network, LLP d/b/a Outsider or outsider.com (“Company,” “Outsider,” or “We”). We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Outsider online store (our “Site”), including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through the Site (collectively, the “Services”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we collect when you purchase something from our Site or otherwise interact with us.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
When you browse or purchase something from our Site, we collect several types of information from and about you, including information:
- Provided to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site; and
- Provided by third parties and other sources.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect from you may include:
- Information that you provide at the time of purchasing something from our Site, including, but not limited to, your name, e-mail address, shipping address, phone number, and payment information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, log and usage data, and other communication data.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized Services, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide you with our products and to operate our business. We often use the information we collect for multiple purposes. For example, if you place an order through our Site, we collect several types of data from you and use it in multiple ways: First, we use your shipping address to make sure that our products arrive at your door. We may also use your contact information to send you a receipt of purchase. We may look at your experience in our Site to make improvements to it and try to tailor it to your needs. We will also analyze the data you provide us and your behavior on our website to ensure that the activity is not fraudulent. Finally, we use your purchase information for other business-related purposes like accounting and financial reporting.
We often obtain your consent to use your information. But sometimes, obtaining your consent is not needed because we may use your information for our own legitimate interests, to fulfill a contract with you, or to comply with legal obligations imposed on us. For example, when you make purchases online, we process your information to fulfill our contractual obligations. When you visit our Site, we have a legitimate interest in using your browsing data to improve our Site’s usability, and when you engage with us through our Site, we have a legal obligation to ensure that you are not attempting to defraud us or our customers.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Outsider, our customers, our uses or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by sending us an e-mail with your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. You may opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from the Company by following the instructions in those e-mails.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com
Social Sharing Features
Our Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, Shopify stores your credit card data. Your data is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), which helps ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our Site. Shopify is certified Level 1 PCI-DSS compliant, which extends to our Site. For more information, review Shopify’s PCI Compliance page here.
We take reasonable measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
State Law Compliance
Outsider complies with the requirements of the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”) and the Delaware Online Privacy and Protection Act (“DOPPA”). Both CalOPPA and DOPPA permit users of the Site that are California or Delaware residents, respectively, to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Site to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. Learn more about your California privacy rights here.
Contact UsFor more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.